Saturday, September 26, 2015

Traveling

Greece:
Oh my how I want to travel to Greece... Ive wanted to go forever. I guess a big part of it is that my nationality is Greek, and look how beautiful that it.  Ive heard stories about how I have long lost family over there, it would be cool to go searching for them... even though I don't know the language.  I wish I can learn the language, but I've always had trouble learning a second language. I took Spanish for YEARS and still cant understand or speak it.  I would also love to go to Spain, I had a chance to go with my Spanish class but it was too expensive.  
There's so much history in Greece to see; Acropolis, the temple of Poseidon, and temple of Olympian Zeus.  The sculptures the museums not to mention the beautiful beaches with crystal clear water and white sand. There's archaeological sights and historical sights and even castles!
If you're into the nature side of things then you can see caves, waterfalls, mountains, lakes and rivers. The climate can be quite mild so that makes for easy travel. I would love to go and see these beautiful islands and wild life. I love to experience different cultures and places.  Not to mention the food would be AMAZING. My grandma cooks Greek food from time to time and I love it.  Lemon soup, gyro, lots and lots of sea food (that I cant eat because I'm allergic *sad face*) souvlaki etc.  And since there are many mountainous regions, the food differs from region to region.   
You can even hike a volcanoes, watch for dolphins and turtles and bicycle through forests.
While I was reading up on it, I found some essential information to know:
The best time to go is April- June, in the spring time. Their electricity is different, and they use euros for money.
Although, I heard the government is in quite a pickle right now so I'm not sure if any time soon is a good time to go, but I'm saving up now so eventually I can go and maybe find some of my family!

Read more: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/greece#ixzz3mtBZkrsJ

1 comment:

  1. Although I'm not Greek, Greece has always been my number 1 place I wish to travel to as well!!!

    ReplyDelete