Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Its Complicated Chapter 2

In It's Complicated chapter 2 "Why do youth share so publicly?" There is a quote that says "There’s a big difference between being in public and being public" and I knew as soon as I read that, this was what I wanted to talk about.  Im not sure why, I just feel like its such a correct quote. 
I guess it goes back to the other idea that is mentioned about teens wanting to fit in. Doesn't everyone want to fit in? The internet is such a good place for this because you can literally find anyone who has the same interest as you. You can find any information on things that you like.  You can do almost anything.  But there are times where you think you are being in the public when really you are being too public, and that can be bad, or vice versa.  
Lets be honest, we have all done a little too much sharing but thats okay. We just have to keep in mind that anyone can see what we have out there. I like to think everything I have is private but who am I kidding, nothing is private. I just hope that I do a good job with engaging the right audience... I guess. 
It seems I have a lot of conflicting thoughts... theres just so many pros and cons to the internet. I cant make up my mind about it.
I confused myself writing this post. 

1 comment:

  1. Amanda,

    I think that is such a critical quote. The Web like much of life, well....It's complicated.

    I think it especially important to think of the idea of being public while not in public. We have to shape or professional and personal identities. There are a lot of MEs online and you have to be able to navigate privacy settings.

    ReplyDelete