Saturday, September 19, 2015

Stress

Ive been doing a lot of thinking about what I want to do with the rest of my life.  College makes you decide what you want to do before you even get there. I find it pretty stressful that I had to declare a major, even though Ive changed it so many times.  Now that I changed my majors so many times, Im "behind".  Ive already done 3 years of college before transferring to Southern, now I have another 5 years to go! I could be have been a Doctor if I went 8 years of school. But all ill have to show for my 8 years is a masters degree.  Don't get me wrong, thats great an all, but I could have been done sooner, working earlier, paying back money that I owe etc.  
There's so much pressure on getting your life together as soon as you're out of high school. I have one word for that... stressful.  Anyways, now that i'm going to school and taking all these classes, i'm starting to doubt myself. I took a Philosophy class a while ago, and there was one Philosopher we read about who said that it was important to do every type of job to really know about anything. (Sorry I cant remember who said it) I feel like that is SUCH an IMPORTANT idea. As students we get a little taste of what jobs are out there in high school. We see what our teachers do, maybe we want to become a psychologist because that class was cool. Or some people saw that criminal justice was an interesting class so thats what they pursue... I think it should be mandatory for kids to get out there and really see what is out there. Do all types of jobs or intern somewhere to get a feel for it. By the time we are done with high school we should have a decent idea of what we want to go for in college. It would save people money, time, and get them into a field they are interested in earlier. All students need more experience and I believe this would help greatly.
Thanks for reading my thoughts today!

No comments:

Post a Comment