Tuesday, September 22, 2015

My college geography class:

So as I am sitting in my class, which has 300 people in it, I realize I need to blog about this class. I have a great teacher, really he is very nice, but man this class is ridiculous.  He requires a book for the class (that we haven't used yet) that is over $150. Also he requires this online program that cost us $24.00 for a couple months.  And I want to talk about this program, because it has caused nothing but problems in this class.  
In our Edu 106 class, we talk about new technologies and all about using new websites hat help us create our projects and our class activities; none of which cost me a penny.  This program (I will not name) is useless really.  We all bring our laptops to class, sign into the program, then the teacher comes in and tries to get into the program as well.  He takes almost 20 min to get into the program, with problems signing in and with southerns Internet not working, plus students going to talk to him etc.  NOW, 20/30 min into this class, students are sill asking questions about this program (like why are we using this program) taking up even more time! 

Now this program that cost a bunch that I can only use for a couple months, is really only good for him to take attendance.  For the first couple weeks that's all he was using it for.  Next he puts some power point slides out, which was good... but we can only see it when he puts it up. We cant see it while we are at home. How are we supposed to study? He gives a speech at the beginning of class about how he has been working with the people at this program and now with the IT people at the school and etc etc whatever. I find it ridiculous that I paid for this program and I CANT EVEN USE IT AT HOME for some copyright reasons.  The only time I get to see the slide, one at a time, is when I come and sit in class with the book we haven't used.  

I almost feel bad writing this but some teachers do this and maybe if someone reads my blog post, they will realize that students aren't made of money, and we really do use the materials at home to study.  
Then I go back to my New Literacy class where we have used like 10 different sights already to do multiple projects and assignments that I haven't had to pay for and these sights are actually there to help me learn. 
Okay... end rant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment