Thursday, October 1, 2015

My first twitter chat

So my first twitter chat was interesting.  I was most defiantly a noob. I've never witnessed a twitter chat before, and it was SO fast paced.  I was waiting for 8 pm to show up so I could participate in the #edtechchat. I had trouble figuring out who was the mediator person but once it got going I saw who was posting the questions.  I introduced myself, but no one said hello back to me.  
It was really hard to keep up with all the posts coming in. Other people were talking about a lot of different programs that they use, some of them i recognized because we used them in class, other I had no idea what they were talking about.  And by the time I went to ask what it was, they had already moved on to other questions.  
Some of the programs they talked about was : Google Classroom (which I decided to go follow on google+ for fun) & Professor McVerry was there talking about thimble and withknown and hypothes.is etc:

I wanted to feel apart of the convo so I just added a quick thought:



There really was so many ideas, some of the questions they asked was:


 I was a learner in this chat because I was getting so much information from these other tweeters, I couldn't keep up! I was looking things up (like google classroom which I mentioned before) and I saw other people asking questions and exchanging info so they could talk more about the new technology being talked about.  I noticed a bunch of different types of teachers talking. Art teachers, tech teachers, English and math teachers as well.  It really opened my eyes to how many people use technology in their classrooms for learning.  
Since this was my first chat, I don't have any advice for if anything could have been done better or not.  I plan to keep looking for other chats just to see whats going on in the twitterverse because I never realized how many people used twitter as a resource.  
It was an interesting experience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment